Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't Believe the Hype!




I believe that Satan is in the business of identity theft.

For those of us who have chosen to follow Jesus, we have a new identity. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, Paul says "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" However, we are daily inundated with lies that tell us otherwise. You don't deserve God's love, You can't approach him in prayer, You're dirty, You're an addict, You're blah blah blah. It's the same old crap all the time. The truth is that as a follower of Jesus, you have been adopted into the family of God. You are a son or daughter of the King and nothing can change that.

My oldest son is adopted. When we went through the process of legally adopting him, his new identity was made official (although I believe it was official from the beginning of time). There is nothing that can take his identity away from him. I am his Papa and he is my son and I love him more than I ever thought possible.

There is a ton of scripture to verify the truth of your identity in Christ. Looky here . . .

I'm a child of God - He is my Father - 1 Jn 3:1,2
I am Christ's friend - Jn 15:15
I am born of God - 1 Jn 4:7
I have been adopted by God - Rom 8:15
I am an heir of God - Rom 8:17
I am a joint heir with Christ - Rom 8:17; Gal 4:7
I'm redeemed and forgiven - Eph 1:6-8
I've been justified - made righteous - Rom 5:1
I am free from condemnation - Rom 8:1
I have received the Spirit of God -1 Cor 2:12
I have been given the mind of Christ - 1 Cor 2:16
I am a new creation - 2 Cor 5:17
I am God's workmanship - Eph 2:10
I am a temple of God - 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19
I am a member of Christ's body - 1 Cor 12:27
I am a saint - Eph 1:1; 1 Cor 1:2; Phil 1:1
I am a fellow citizen in God's kingdom - Eph 2:19
I am a citizen of heaven - Phil 3:20
I am chosen of God - holy, beloved - Col 3:12
I am a child of light, not darkness - 1 Thess 5:5
I'm a member of a royal priesthood - 1 Pet 2:9
I'm an enemy of the devil - 1 Pet 5:8

The verses go on and on. So, if you believe the Bible is the word of God, then you believe this to be true. Don't buy into the lies. Satan wants you to believe that none of this is true, but he knows the truth. Remind him and yourself as often as he tries to tell you otherwise.

In the words of Flavor Flav (or was it Chuck D?) "Don't believe the Hype!"

1 comment:

Blaow said...

man! so much love for that! just got so excited in my computer chair i had to stand up and im deffinitely spreading this message in my college
bless

@blaow